Involve the Entire Community
Involve the entire Volleyball program
- Encourage all teams (younger leagues, junior high & junior varsity) to wear the Volley for the Cure uniforms on the designated day.
- Recognize younger participating teams during the Varsity match
Involve the entire School
- Invite the band, drum line, or pep band to provide pre-match and between match entertainment.
- Ask the choral group to sing the National Anthem.
- Invite the American Sign Language class to sign the National Anthem.
- Ask the Student Government or Pep Club to organize special cheer sections.
- Invite the health teachers to share educational materials and models.
Involving the Community
- Submit Media Release Form to local papers or media outlets
- Hang posters/fliers in local shops or businesses.
- Ask local Komen Affiliate to help you get the word out to your area.
- Invite breast cancer survivors/families to attend.
- Post your Match on the Volley for the Cure Ohio™ Facebook page.
- Have Volley for the Cure™ banners hanging outside of the gym for fans to sign as they walk in.
“Volley for the Cure™ is not just a game, at Lakota West, it is an event. We sell hundreds of t-shirts, raising awareness every time a student wears a shirt. It is a community effort. We raise money, educate our fans, have a great volleyball match and have fun doing it.”
Lakota West Varsity Volleyball Coach & Ohio High School Volleyball Coaches Association Former President